Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WA Delegate

4 posters

Go down

WA Delegate Empty WA Delegate

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:47 pm

I have read and the campaign speech of President Shortman, and indeed I respect his long record of service and integrity as a statesman.

But it is my firm belief that we must look forward to a new WA Delegate: we must serve the interests of compassion, expansion and justice, and we must bring sweeping changes to this region, moulded in the White Heat of War. There is a storm coming, looming on the horizon, a storm that will blow away the old order, consuming it with wild fire, and that will cleanse Duetaria of corruption and decadence!

This is the storm of reformation, scourge of complacency, the sword wielded by Romardia, the weapon of freedom and liberty!

This is a storm that will carry all before it; it will triumph and raise above the multitude the transcendent power of Duetaria, or it will fail through the indolence of certain other nations (Luschia, perhaps?) and hurl us into the dark abyss of defeat! To ignore this storm, to allow its failure, would be akin to busily building up our own funeral pyre!

Without change, without reform, without this new freedom, I, like the Roman, seem to see the River Tiber foaming with much blood!
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
WA Delegate Left_bar_bleue0/1000WA Delegate Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Empty Re: WA Delegate

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:59 pm

Gregory Heart stands up, still slightly out of breath from running from the Shortman WA campaign just in time to hear the Grand Duke's speech.
"Sir you say a lot but you do not tell us what your policies are. How do you intend to deal with the regions proposals to you? What is your view on Duetaria's large military and do you think our past is less important than our future?"

He collapses into his seat as his aide produces a bottle of water.

Last edited by King Wake I on Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Empty Luschian Reply

Post by Lady President B. Carter Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:08 pm

An attractive, aristocratic-looking lady quirkily attired in faux Gothic dress rises near to Gregory Heart, taking a document from her aide.

"On this point, I must agree with Mr Heart," she icily declaims, glaring at the Romardian foreign minister Casa Volpe, "My nation will not take such slights from Romardia, and I fully support the policies of Karkelbania as WA Delegate!"

"Our policy is Liberal Democratic reform!" shoots back Casa Volpe, "As you may see from our Welfare plan!"

The Ravenburger-Morovian minister, Sohm, stands as well, shakily holding a hip flask with gloved hand, leaning on his chair for support. He winks ostentatiously at the Luschian minister, before haughtily adding:

"If anything, I stand by Romardia simply because... ah... of the agreement by Karkelbania at the Treaty of Malbruzzo, at which point it agreed to promote Romardia as delegate to balance Duetarian power!"
Lady President B. Carter
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Empty Karkelbania retorts

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:18 pm

Heart laughs and glares at Sohm.
"Been at the Rum to long again Wilfred? Well Karkelbania agreed not to stand as Delegate. We shall stand down after the election. If anything was decided at Malbruzzo it was that Karkelbania would throw its considerable two vote weight behind Romardia if there policies were better.
But this is surely a distraction. We have still yet to hear from Romardia. Ah here they come? Well Enoch more rivers of blood?"
To laughter Heart sits down and sends an aide out of the room to 'find him another bloody coffee'.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Empty Romardian WA Delegation

Post by Grand Duke Henry Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:09 am

We, the Romardian delegation, have come to assure the signatories of the Treaty of Malbruzzo of the boundless superiority of our policy. Perhaps Prime Minister Raimondi Prasca rhetoricised his most recent speech to too great an extent, but this should not diminsh the absolute primacy of the Romardian claims to WA Delegature.

We have promised change, and change we shall deliver. Duetaria is a great region, but it can be greater still. Only with change can we rise above our rival regions - change that encompasses the expanse of Welfare reform, Financial reform, and Military progress. Forged in the blinding heat of power, compassion and liberty, Duetaria shall inexorably surpass the moribund morass that constitutes our decadent, decaying opponents -autocratic Schlovowia, anarchic Siberia- with the change proffered so humbly by my nation.

We propose a vast policy, a universal policy; we shall create a Welfare State, we shall triple Duetarian Trade, we shall more than double the strength of our armies. Under Romardian WA Representation, the Duetarian goals of historical flair and capitalist supremacy shall be attained; the Great Evils of Squalor, Ignorance, Disease and Poverty will be vanquished; free trade and untrammelled control over international finances will be reached; and our military might assured by wars of noble aggrandisement against Schlovowia.

In Romardia you see the future; in Romardia you see the powers of Duetaria reflected. We will lead this great region into a new Golden Age - made on the blood-stained plains of Schlovowia, forged in the furnaces of industry, moulded by technology, sustained by unity!

In Democracy Lie All the Answers!
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by President Shortman Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:23 pm

Jill Frec, a strong supporter of President Shortman, stands up and shouts" If your policies are so democratic why do you speak of war when the majority of Duetaria's citizens are peace loving, you hardly give them a chance in your new 'Land of Change'. I and the rest of The Republic of Potatoe Farmers find this offensive and a breach of our civil rights which you have always argued for!" Jill Frec sits down to great applause from the Republic of Potatoe Farmers section, the Community of GM things section and the Federation of Coin Collectors section.
President Shortman
President Shortman
Local councilor

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by President Shortman Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Edgar Guin stands up looking confused and tired" I don't understand all this change. Do you mean to destroy all we have worked for and replace it with strange ideas of taking over the world by force? These are the sort of ideas that come out of The Grand Coalition of Siberia, we are not those war mongering barbarians, we are the sophisticated, peace loving intellectuals of Duetaria. I think you are just one of them, you were part of the war, you got a taste for blood, now you want to be WA delegate just so you can lead us to doom on the battle field!"

He sits down looking releived and pleased at the thunderous noise of the applause.
President Shortman
President Shortman
Local councilor

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Empty Ravenburg-Morovia for Romardian Delegation

Post by Grand Duke Henry Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:12 pm

As the applause dies away, a tall, thin man immaculately attired in bespoke suit and Burgundy tie stands in the Ravenburg-Morovia quarter.

"I am beginning to wonder whether the honourable gentleman has even deigned to peruse the dispatches from Romardia!" he cries in a display of spellbinding oratorical flair, "Indeed, it should not surprise me if the honourable potato farmers have any goal beyond simplistic political aggrandisement. They declare, with no grounding whatsoever, that Romardia is baying like a lone wolf for the blood of Schlovowia; yet who but Romardia recently proposed a sweeping program of Social Welfare reform? Who but Romardia has opened up the floodgates of compassion, and allowed thousands of immigrants seeking stability and peace to flow into their nation? Who but Romardia has immersed itself in the maintenance of liberties civil and political? Change is the very thing that Duetaria hungers for - the armies do need funding to guard against Alejandrian threats and posturing. However, it is Welfare, Education, Social Stability and Democracy that are the watchwords of Romardia!"

He pauses briefly to lap up enraptured Ravenburger and Karkelbanian applause. Tinny boos are heard from Potato Farmers and Luschians.

"Change of this kind is proffered by Romardia, and those who cast down this visionary nation, those who ignore the pressing demands of reform and progress, are those who will pay the final price!"
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Empty Karkelbania replies

Post by Prime Minister Walex Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:40 pm

The doors burst open and as trumpets blare and all heads turn King Wake I himself enters the room.
"Four days! Four days I was away and I come back to find this? Expecting firm policies to emerge from both parties I instead find a debate that is little more than a play ground squabble!
Change is important to our region but with all this change we are swinging too far to the Siberian style left! Our Military forces are all that keep our region safe. We may be mighty and old, we may be at the highest seat of knowledge but we are still incredibly vulnerable.
Still neither country that has chosen to run has replied to the theoretical situation I proposed.
The University lies empty, forsaken by countries so that they may argue pathetically!
I expect better of you gentlemen and I hope that you will reply to the situation soon, you have until the end of the week."
Wake leaves the room in silence. All sit in their seats struck dumb by a mix of shock and guilt.
Gregory Heart breaks the silence. He stands to his podium and speaks up "I think we all know what must be done gentlemen."
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Empty Ravenburg-Morovia on Karkelbania

Post by Grand Duke Henry Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:52 pm

At an opulent lunch hosted by Grand Duke Henry in San Francisco, the chancellor of Ravenburg-Morovia, Mettenburg, unequivocally stated that he threw all support behind King Wake.

"As WA Delegates, we in Ravenburg-Morovia hope to bring peace and prosperity to Duetaria. Despite our concern for Compassionate Aristocratic government, we must strike a balance between right and left. Therefore, I am directing my senior colleague Dieter Hochkatzenburg to publish his manifesto 'Centre Left' within a week, to further clarify the situation for our Grand Council."

Hearty noises of agreement are sounded by all, including Luschian guests Jack Nicholson and Amy Adams.

"Also," continues Chancellor Mettenburg, "I feel it necessary to recommend to all Duetarians, interested in culture, the recent Hollywood issue of 'Vanity Fair'. Please, read and learn!"
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Empty More on Culture

Post by Lady President B. Carter Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:19 am

As dessert is wheeled out by numerous waiters, Lord President Sir Jack Nicholson rises briefly.

"I would just like to emphasise the worthiness of patronising V.F. Honestly, it has a ton of highbrow articles, and this Hollywood issue is a treat! They've even done a feature on films of the Golden Age, with contemporary stars and starlets in older movies -James McAvoy and Emile Hirsch in 'Strangers on a Train', for example- and have an article on rising stars in the business."

"We can't forget Studio Era Hollywood, or foreign films," puts in Treasury guru Amy Adams, delicately sipping iced tea, "I mean, who these days has half an ounce of Rita Hayworth's style? French cinema is my fav, though: I would ask any dignitary here to scurry off to the video store now, and buy 'La Reine Margot' AND 'Les Quatres Cents Coups'."

Several ministers and guests nod their approbation, and Miss Adams, giggling flirtatiously, is immediately cajolled into a ninth glass of wine by novelist Sir Henry MJ Tonks. Lord President Nicholson, meanwhile, makes a beeline for a Karkelbanian foreign office official - the business of 'Luscho-Duetarian Operations on Schlovowia', he whispers conspiratorially.
Lady President B. Carter
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

WA Delegate Empty Too much Port

Post by Prime Minister Walex Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:35 pm

The representative from Karkelbania looks seriously at him and leans forward. Nicholson suddenly notices that he is still leaning forward and with a fixed expression of dignity the official hits the floor braking his 23rd glass of port.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down