Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foundation of a New State

5 posters

Go down

Do you think that Upper Morovia-Carinthia should agree with Ravenburg-Morovia in all policy issues?

Foundation of a New State Vote_lcap25%Foundation of a New State Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Foundation of a New State Vote_lcap25%Foundation of a New State Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Foundation of a New State Vote_lcap50%Foundation of a New State Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Foundation of a New State Empty Foundation of a New State

Post by Grand Duke Henry Fri May 30, 2008 1:25 am

The Grand Council Hall is packed with delegates and politicians, all enjoying the complimentary buffet 'Taste of Ravenburg-Morovia' set up by Count Prittwitz-Berchtold and Dieter Hochkaztenburg. Leaders and lieutenants stroll around the room, affably chatting and exchanging diplomatic anecdotes. President Shortman and Lady President Bonham Carter gossip conspiratorially on the juicy matter of Romardia's latest sex scandal, Interior Ministers Richtenburg and Heart avidly discuss upcoming welfare proposals, while Secretary-General Cliff and Lord Kingsdown debate just how much Nathalie Hochkatzenburg does look like Liz Taylor. Abruptly, Count Prittwitz-Berchtold chimes a small golden bell for silence. The dignitaries turn to look at the acting chancellor, surprised to see another man and woman on the dais with him.

"All... ahem... attend to Count Prittwitz-Berchtold's words," says Lady Speaker Ellen Page around an eclair.

"Thank you Ellen," Prittwitz-Berchtold speaks calmly, but excitement is plain in his aristocratic RP tone, "I have gathered you here today in order to impart news of overwhelming importance for Duetaria. After days of debate and vacillation, the Government of Ravenburg-Morovia has decided to partition our nation - significant calls for a new, semi-autonomous 'exarchate' have at long last been heard, with the result that the Dominion of Upper Morovia-Carinthia has been formed from one quarter of Ravenburger-Morovian territory. Richard?"

The second man, younger than the count by perhaps seven years, nods and steps forward. "Thank you Otto. The Dominion will be governed by an executive council, of which I have been elected president, and split into two essentially federal states; Upper Morovia and Carinthia, each governed by a separately elected Minister-President much as our father-state has a prime minister of Ravenburg and a prime minister of Morovia. It is my sincere hope, meanwhile, that, in leading our executive council, I can bring sweeping welfare reforms and increased prosperity to this humble Duetarian State!"

The members of the hall break into loud applause; Prittwitz-Berchtold leans in to add that there have already been elections confirming a Democratic Conservative, Claudia von Amsberg, as minister-president of Upper Morovia, and a Liberal, Gustav Hofstadter-Reinhardt, as minister-president of Carinthia. Elections for the two ministerial-presidencies will take place every four years, with elections for presidency of the executive council every five. The Dominion will be run as representative democracy, with a House of Representatives (Congress) and a Senate as in Luschia and the USA, with a State House of Representatives and a State Senate in both federal regions. All cabinet members in the Executive Council are obligated to be either Senators or Congressmen, with all state cabinet ministers required to be in one of the two State legislative bodies. Peers are allowed entry into any of the legislative bodies. (In this it differs from Ravenburg-Morovia, a parliamentary democracy with a Chamber of Commons and a Chamber of Lords.)
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
Foundation of a New State Left_bar_bleue0/1000Foundation of a New State Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Foundation of a New State Empty Re: Foundation of a New State

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Fri May 30, 2008 2:14 pm

I think, (yes I know it doesn't happen very regularly) that Henry should not have any more profiles, for a start it is confusing as to which are his and which aunt.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
Foundation of a New State Left_bar_bleue0/1000Foundation of a New State Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Foundation of a New State Empty I agree!

Post by Grand Duke Henry Fri May 30, 2008 3:29 pm

We (i.e. Ravenburg-Morovia, Romardia and Upper Morovia-Carinthia, who share this profile) agree with Grand Nomad Lloyd - all of us will express our views separately.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Fri May 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Seperate views for seperate nations.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sat May 31, 2008 9:15 pm

Why the hell does Henry need to express his different nations views? They are all him arguing with himself! Why does he disagree with himself?
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Foundation of a New State Empty Obvious Explanatory Note

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat May 31, 2008 9:35 pm

Clearly, for several reasons:

a. It makes it more democratic (i.e. when Luschia voted on the Welfare Act differently to Ravenburg-Morovia)
b. It gives me space to vary views (i.e. with R-M as a Liberal, One-Nation state and Darmsburg-Gotha as a right-wing Thatcherite country)
c. It lets me have numerous governments (i.e. Romardia has made up ministers and Luschia the eclectic actors' cabinet)
d. It lets me post more varied topics (i.e. the R-M parties and the Luschia political skulduggery)
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:56 pm

What it means is you can vote for yorself as WA delegate 3 times! Unfair!
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Foundation of a New State Empty Actually, no

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:30 pm

I cannot, Secretary-General, because if I did then King Wake would delete my profiles. Thus, I only voted for myself in the Election with this profile (weirdly, though, my profile Lady President Bonham Carter malfunctioned, and so that profile voted for President Shortman so I could see the electoral votes). In that case, therefore, I only have one vote in WA Matters.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Yes I would deletet them all, which is surprisingly easy for me. I could delete all of you in under a minute.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:57 pm

Is that a challenege, a bet, or a show of power, or is it meant to intimidate us??!!
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:09 pm

None
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:24 pm

That's okay then.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Consul Clarkeos Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:21 am

I have to agree with the previoyus posters. Henry's multiple accounts, while allowing a good degree of difference, does mean that although he can't vote with more than one, the many voices can sway people. I humbley suggest that HEnry should only be allowed one region in Duetaria, and move his others elsewhere, or have them merely as military states for invasions.
Consul Clarkeos
Consul Clarkeos
Aide

Location : Arguing Loudly in the Senate House. WARNING DEMOCRACY AT WORK

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Foundation of a New State Empty Swift Response

Post by Grand Duke Henry Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:31 am

"You suggest that I remove my other nations? Are you suggesting the same to King Wake? To the Evil Yam? To Grand Nomad Lloyd? To Tweek the Almighty? My 'many voices' do not in the least bit influence others; the Liberals in Luschia even campaigned for President Shortman last Election. If anything, it is the influence of my sterling policies and rhetoric that sways votes in my fav our," Chancellor Mettenburg sits down to thunderous applause.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum