Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A change in government setup

4 posters

Go down

A change in government setup Empty A change in government setup

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Fri May 30, 2008 6:01 pm

I have become aware of the small size of the government; it seems that there is only on position of government. I propose a change as such:

1) The elected WA delegate would be allowed to select a cabinet.

2) The cabinet would contain up to 2 other rulers, but the WA delegate would not have to appoint 2; 2 would be a maximum.

3) The WA delegate would appoint roles to his cabinet such as foreign secretary etc.

4) There would be a seperate section of the forum for the cabinet, viewable only by the cabinet and WA delegate.

5) The WA delegate can change the cabinet at any time, however if selected becoming part of the cabinet is not compulsory.

6) The cabinet would have no other special powers over other rulers, they are merely advisors.

I propose that this act, if passed, would become the official government act of 2008, and added to the constitution with immediate effect. Please let me know your views on the idea.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
A change in government setup Left_bar_bleue0/1000A change in government setup Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

A change in government setup Empty Government act of 2008

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Fri May 30, 2008 6:35 pm

I think that that sounds very agreeable, but something tells me that certain others might not, if you know what I mean.
If it were 3 instead of 2 i think it would work better, but instead of the WA choosing, perhaps we could have vote for 'deputy-WA' or something of the like. The WA doesn't have to choose the cabinet that the public what, but if he doesn't then the 'public' are free to revolt- or something along those lines.

Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
A change in government setup Left_bar_bleue0/1000A change in government setup Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

A change in government setup Empty Re: A change in government setup

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Fri May 30, 2008 7:22 pm

Maybe we could have 2 appointed and a deputy elected?
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Fri May 30, 2008 7:24 pm

Sounds reasonable. I KNOW! two could be chosen by the WA delegate, and 1, the deputy could be chosen by the public!
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

A change in government setup Empty New Proposal for the Introduction of a Cabinet

Post by Grand Duke Henry Fri May 30, 2008 8:52 pm

We wholeheartedly concur with the basics of Secretary-General Cliff's idea of a 'Duetarian Regional Cabinet'. Regardless, however, we wish to outline our own plan for the said cabinet.

Amended Ravenburger-Morovian Plan for the Regional Cabinet

1. A higher policy-making body will be inaugurated in Duetaria, called the Senior Executive Committee for Policy and Legislation (shortened to the cabinet).

2. The Cabinet will consist of six members:
a. The World Assembly Delegate (currently Ravenburg-Morovia)
b. The Deputy World Assembly Delegate
c. The First Minister for Foreign and Dominion Affairs
d. The First Minister for Internal and Judicial Affairs
e. The First Minister for Defence and Security Affairs
f. The Chairman of the Joint Military Staffs (for Duetaria)

3. The Deputy WA Delegate would be elected on the Forum by candidates in a manner identical to the election of the WA Delegate - however, after the first election (i.e. when our first ever Deputy Delegate is elected), the Delegate and Deputy Delegate would run on 'one ticket'. Thus, for example, in the upcoming 16 June Election, members would vote for 'Grand Nomad Lloyd and Chancellor Mettenburg' rather than just 'Grand Nomad Lloyd'. The Deputy Delegate would then receive numerically half the votes of the Delegate on NationStates itself, to mark his position symbolically.

4. The Deputy WA Delegate would stand in for the Delegate on all occasions of his/her absence, and succeed him/her as Delegate pro tempore in case of resignation/destruction until the next Election.

5. The Cabinet Ministers would be directly appointed by the Delegate in consultation with his Deputy Delegate. They would serve as deliberative policy-making aides to the Delegate, and all decisions on laws and legislation would have to be raitified by at least two of the three ministers before formal proposal to the Grand Council. Then, once ratified, they would be proposed as normal to the Council at large.

6. The Chairman of the Joint Military Staffs would be elected from any nation's chief of staff/military commander-in-chief in the manner of the Delegate. So, for example, a poll would be set up, with 'Field Marshal Waldersee (Ravenburg-Morovia)' and 'Field Marshal Lee (Luschia)' etc. as options.

7. A separate page, entitled The Senior Executive Committee for Policy and Legislation, would be set up, viewable only to cabinet members.

8. The WA Delegate would reserve the right to dismiss any of his ministers conditional on the agreement of the Deputy Delegate, and when dismissed the minister(s) would be barred accordingly from the Cabinet.

9. Should the Cabinet block any pieces of legislation regarding Defence; Foreign Aggression; or Welfare Reforms, then the Delegate would reserve the right to pass them by Executive Order conditional on the agreement of the Founder (Karkelbania). The Delegate would be allotted two executive decisions on each of the aforestated branches of policy per term.

10. The Cabinet would have the authority to establish Cabinet Subcommittees with specific portfolios, for example the Cabinet Subcommittee for Policy Towards Calyndia, which would be vice-chaired by a cabinet-appointed statesman and chaired (ceremonially) by the Deputy Delegate. These subcommittees would have authority to debate on their portfolio and to propose acts/policies directly to the cabinet, which would then decide to forward the act to the Grand Council or veto it as per usual.

~~~~~~

This amended plan for the Cabinet of Duetaria is proposed by:

Count Otto Corsinus von Prittwitz-Berchtold, Secretary of State (Ravenburg-Morovia)
Lamberto Raimondi Prasca, Prime Minister (Romardia)
Richard G.F. Vogt, President of the Executive Council (Upper Morovia-Carinthia)

Last edited by Grand Duke Henry on Sat May 31, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Fri May 30, 2008 9:04 pm

I agree with your plan most fervently, but no one told be there were election on June 16th! I need a policy and quick!
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat May 31, 2008 1:26 pm

I propose that the Founder should have the right to dismiss the cabinet at any time they see fit. However this right is undertaken in acknowledgment that we shall not abuse it.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A change in government setup Empty Disagreement

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat May 31, 2008 2:05 pm

No, the above clause, in my opinion, cannot be added. The entire point of the Cabinet is that it is a legislative deliberative body free of the Founder's influence; equally, the point of my proposed Executive Decisions is that this would enable the Founder to remain involved in policy-making.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat May 31, 2008 2:07 pm

This seems quite reasonable. However the policies proposed by the cabinet must remain seperate from Acts proposed by the people of Duetaria
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

A change in government setup Empty Yes

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat May 31, 2008 2:08 pm

On that we can agree.

So when shall we elect the first Deputy WA Delegate (to serve until 16 June)?

Last edited by Grand Duke Henry on Sat May 31, 2008 2:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat May 31, 2008 2:10 pm

Excellent then this shall go to vote.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sat May 31, 2008 8:55 pm

I disagree with henry's idea that the WA delegate should have to con sult his deputy before firing a cabinet member. He should merely be under the obligation to immediately appoint a replacement.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

A change in government setup Empty Reply in Brief

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat May 31, 2008 9:09 pm

Of course I will immediately appoint a new ministerial replacement, but by consulting the Deputy my overrall executive power is democratically limited.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sat May 31, 2008 9:12 pm

OK, I agree to all of henry's changes.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

A change in government setup Empty Thank you

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat May 31, 2008 9:17 pm

Much obliged. Have you voted on the act?
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down