Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore!

2 posters

Go down

Do you think that Old Hollywood Actors and Actresses outsripped today?

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Vote_lcap25%They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Vote_lcap0%They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Vote_lcap25%They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Vote_lcap50%They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Empty They Don't Make 'em like that anymore!

Post by Grand Duke Henry Fri May 30, 2008 9:17 pm

The Quality of acting and of individual thespians is steadily diminishing in Hollywood today, and across the entire film world save France (home of the spectacular arthouse gem, home of Jean Renoir then and Marion Cotillard now). In the old days, the Studio Days, the idolised starlet days, glitz and glamour was a designated quantity in Hollywood; actors and actresses had to have that 'oomph' or that 'zork'. Cinephiles such as Grand Nomad Lloyd would have thought twice about deigning to insult the likes of Clark Gable or Claudette Colbert, would have fainted at the mere thought of anyone uttering a word against Humphrey Bogart or Norma Shearer.

But now, actors are regularly dragged through the mud, defiled a la the House of Windsor, and made the butt of derogatory jokes. Yes, we have the few shining stars like Tom Hanks (the transcendental maestro) or Gwyneth Paltrow (the nova Grace Kelly), but otherwise our daily diet of moviefolk is limited to lowlife tabloid fodder such as Brad Pitt or Keira Knightley. To this end, short of resurrecting Ingrid Bergman and James Mason, I have thrown together the above poll.

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Img_10
Cary Grant, inimitably suave and dapper...

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Brad_pitt_300
... compared to vulgar, classless Brad Pitt

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Eisenstaedt_alfred_Marilyn%20Monroe%201953_L
Marilyn Monroe, the benchmark of dizzying pseudo-intellectual glamour...

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Anne-hathaway-picture-6
... as opposed to talentless, 'dumb brunette' Anne Hathaway

Need more proof? Just ask and I'll assemble more pictorial evidence.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Left_bar_bleue0/1000They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Empty Re: They Don't Make 'em like that anymore!

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Fri May 30, 2008 9:21 pm

I would like more...pictorial... evidence please, especially of Marilyn Monroe.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Left_bar_bleue0/1000They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Empty Whoops

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat May 31, 2008 1:00 am

Sorry Lloyd, but one of Mrs Joe DiMaggio was probably enough. How about Liz Taylor, Rita Hayworth or Irene Dunne?
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

They Don't Make 'em like that anymore! Empty Re: They Don't Make 'em like that anymore!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum