Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Vote Shortman for Sanity'

+3
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Duke Henry
Prime Minister Walex
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty 'Vote Shortman for Sanity'

Post by Prime Minister Walex Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:28 pm

Hey, President Shortman is away so he asked me to post this.

Vote for Shortman

I President Shortman believe I can take this region to greatness! I've tried before only narrowly losing out each time to the worthy Chancellor Mettenburg. Now the new election is upon us I ask you to vote for me, a trusted founder nation. Through my work the economy has been reformed and a regional banking organization formed. My chief competitor is the Grand Nomad, I ask you people, do we really want such a man in power? There has been controversy over banning from our last delegate, believe me under Lloyd you wouldn't even get time to complain before you are banned! Only look at his posting, think how many of his posts have been deleted, how much trouble he has caused. I do not doubt that in the future he could be a worthy candidate but in the future my friends! I've proved myself as a Diplomat who listens to others, if you vote for me you can look forward to more work in our region's great economy and the ear of a trusting Delegate. If you have a proposal for the WA on Nation States you could just send it to me and I'll get it going. So don't vote for a nut job! Vote for experience, democracy and Duetaria! VOTE SHORTMAN!
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Left_bar_bleue0/1000'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Noble Opposition

Post by Grand Duke Henry Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Few can accuse me of allying myself with President Shortman in recent times, or of supporting his ideas consistently, but I have always respected his supreme gifts of tenacity, dtermination, political resilience and ideological stoicism. In this age of slippery agendas and low cunning, both traits apparent, I feel sorry to add, often seen in the Government of Chancellor Mettenburg, President Shortman has conducted himself with decorum and faith, and for this we wish him teh best of luck in this Election.

Count Otto Corsinus von Prittwitz-Berchtold
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Left_bar_bleue0/1000'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty VOTE GRAND NOMAD LLOYD

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:07 pm

Do not listen to President Shortman's underhand spin policy, I would never even contemplate banning nations. As President Shortman rightly says, he has lost all the other elections, the reason why; nobody wanted him as delegate. President Shortman says that he is a trusted founder nation, but, if you where, surely you would already be the WA delegete?!
I admit that it was by the help of your hand that a regoinal banking orginization was founded, but it has fallen into a state of fraudulaent disrepair, with fake goods being sold in almost ever major shop. It is now time to vote for someone with the power to put that right, and I am that person, I already have the full support of Secretary-General Cliff, and support from Grand Duke Henry. President Shortman says that he hasexperience, but I have more! I have played Nation States for longer than he has, and posted more posts. Also, I shall listen to those with ideas and will not pointlessly ban people. It has been said that my posts are mad, but where is the evidence? Look at what I have to offer, I have the Coastal Protection Policy and The Hallmarking Act. Even President Shortman says that 'he doesn't doubt that I will be an amazing WA delegate'. President Shortman also asks how much trouble I have caused, well I have caused no trouble at all, I just express what I feel might improve Duetaria, if others say that they have better ideas, I expect their critism. I have also made headway into Nuclear technology (both for warfare and everyday life), weapons trading, and space defense systems that protect us from our enemies. If you vote for me I will promise a Duetarian defense force that will make us a world superpower, anti-fraud acts that will make our economy safer and stronger, and envoromentalist acts that provide a safe earth for our children, and their children's children.
As President Shortman said so himself,don't vote for a nut job, so don't vote for President Shortman. I show supreme gifts of tenacity, diteermination, political resilience and ideological stoicism aswell; also those who remain faithful shall be rewarded, those who don't will forgiven for their blind actions.
If you vote for me, Grand Nomad Lloyd, a voice will be given to all, Duetaria shall be made a fairer, more loyal and powerful regoin, in terms of its economy, political freedoms, civil rights and armed forces, whilst advancements will be made in technology and protecting the enviroment.

So remember, Vote Grand Nomad Lloyd, and No Longer Shall Duetaria be a Politically Empty Void!

Remember what our forebearer, Cicero said, 'salus populi suprema est lex;' the good of the people is the cheif law.

Last edited by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : none)
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Re: 'Vote Shortman for Sanity'

Post by Prime Minister Walex Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:30 pm

Well it least Shortman can spell! Also I see no disrepair of which you state? Your post is simply a piece of rhetorical junk that makes no sense, is difficult to read and utterly false.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Response to Posts

Post by Grand Duke Henry Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:26 pm

Count Otto Corsinus von Prittwitz-Berchtold rises from his seat and turns to face the audience. Lady Speaker Page, languidly chewing gum and reading Vogue, signals him to speak.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Honoured Colleagues, Fellow Ministers, I have heard and listened carefully to the speeches from both Grand Nomad Lloyd and King Wake, speaking by proxy for President Shortman. I detect, I must say, some triviality and puerility in the speech by the Grand Nomad - to say that President Shortman lacks credibility as an 'honoured Founder state' because he has not yet been Delegate is to disregard also Gracania, Luschia and Romardia. This I find disrespectful and facile in the extreme, and I would ask the Grand Nomad that he desist from such ad hominem attacks upon the dignified president."

The crowd murmurs approvingly.

"Furthermore, we must attempt only to align our sympathies once we have cut through the tangled tendrils of propaganda and shades of mistruth that currently constrict the candour of this rhetoric-blighted election! The claim that the Bank is in 'fraudulent disrepair' is spurious and unsubstantiated at best, pure dishonesty at worst. The Bank is thriving under the acting governorship of Maxence Tserclaes (an honour bestowed on him until the formal gubernatorial election), and has been a crucial lynchpin to our economic and commercial growth. The proposals of both candidates must, moreover, be considered in a far more gracious and objective manner if we are to continue in this election."
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty MONTE SAN ALESSANDRO: DUETARIA, A TIME FOR GREATNESS!

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:46 pm

President Shortman and Grand Nomad Lloyd are hading the polls with Monte San Alessandro and King Clarkeos I running miles behind. But why?
Why this hatred for the underdog?

What do the smaller candidates have to offer you?

1.We promise security: this include peace with ALL our enemies, succeding in binding peace with Schlowovia, something the old veterans of the war like the Grand Duke have simply failed to do

2. We offer new ideas, new expirience and new vitality.

3. We promise to prosecute any wrongdoer, even the powerful ones, something that the all veterans have failed to do.

4. We will stop the unpopular Henriettan Wars, a thing to lost in the past to remember, and stop his endless hearsay and McCarthyan prosecutions of individuals such as King Clarkeos I and The Telegram Operators

5. We will end the reign of Terror that has embroiled our politics. (as mentioned in point 4.)

6. We will voice every voice before the WA

7. We will have a Cabinet truly representative of every factor of Duetarian Society, that may include Grand Nomad Lloyd, President Shortman and others who oppose us.

SUPPORT MONTE SAN ALESSANDRO ALL THE WAY! VOTE WELL, VOTE FOR ME!

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' 9D99C25EEB9C434AAD7AACC7A6EA01DF2

A TIME FOR GREATNESS! DON'T VOTE FOR YODA-MAN OR FOR A TERRORISTICAL NOMAD PRETENING TO BE A POLITICIAN....VOTE FOR THE REAL THING.
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Location : Either The Imperial Palace, The Senate House, or elsewhere

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Time for a change....

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:55 pm

"It is Time for a change" shouts the dignified Emperor. "A change from the passing of a baton from the old dinosaurs of foundation... from the much respected but controversial Grand Duke and now to President Shortman. It is time for youth and vigour and real change...real peace...real security. And No Increase in Taxes!"

Although the Emperor supports the Welfare Acts, he will mantain them, but through no more taxes. "Read my lips...no!" he adds, "Dinosaurs are extinct, let politics evolve already"

"VOTE FOR MONTE SAN ALESSANDRO." the crowd shouts
"Can Shortman win?" asks the Emperor
"No- he's lost too often" the crowd reply
"Can Lloyd win?"
"No-He is a loser"
"Can I win?"
"Vote for Monte San Alessandro 2008!"
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:01 pm

I have never lost before, therefore how can I be a loser?
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Tatamkhulu Afrika

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:07 pm

It's in the bone....
(plus that is the common cry...isnt it?)
N.B (WITCOMBE) This candidate does not appreciate the VOX POPULI!
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Blue-blood "McCarthyism" is an Alejandrian Myth

Post by Grand Duke Henry Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:25 pm

"Perhaps His Imperial Majesty has forgotten the history of his own actions," Dieter Hochkaztenburg spits out the words with pure venom in his tone, "or perhaps he simply wishes to accept the merciless and unwarranted ejection of Romardia and Saubaudia from Lower Schlovowia as necessary acts of McCarthyism!"

Crows of laughter emanate from the Lloydians and Shortmanites. The Alejandrians appear abashed, but Hochkatzenburg continues impassively.

"Now I do not wish to ruthlessly twist the knife of truth into this maw of a wound that gapes in the emperor's campaign oratory, ladies and gentlemen, but it is a fact, pure and simple, that peace with Lower Schlovowia was only left undeclared because of an Alejandrian refusal to accept our terms - terms dictated at the Romardian-established Council of Romia. There is also the matter of our supposed 'prosecution' of Secretary-General Cliff and King Consul Clarkeos; yet this is another piece of featherweight invention by His Imperial Majesty, and I defy him to procure one substantive shred of evidence to back the claim up! After all, in case he has declined to remember, the only prosecution enacted was that by his Government against mine!"
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:25 am

For once, I have to agree with Henry. I have not been prosecuted for anything.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:26 am

Vote Lloyd! He is the only candidate with any true leadership. I have to ask Alejandro where his loyaltyies lie...
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Response to claims of a fraudulent Bank

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:25 pm

I shall admit that my claims upon the Duetarian Bank were paranoid, but the vendouring of fake items is on the up. Though this is only a quantum of a problem (but a problem nevertheless), my comments that the bank had fallen into fraudulent disrepair were very paranoid. Nevertheless, paranoia never harmed anybody, it just protected them from the unexpected.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Banking "Problem" a minor Fact

Post by Lady President B. Carter Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:44 pm

"The so-called 'fraudulent problem' with our bank is by no means a serious one," Chancellor of the exchequer Amy Adams said today in the Foyer of the Bank of Duetaria, acting governor Tserclaes looking on approvingly, "indeed, the only problem that can I envisage as damaging in the least to the bank is that of the lethargy that has overtaken the Election of its Governor. To this end, I urge the WA Delegate and the Cabinet to accelerate the conclusion of such a crucial matter."

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' GYI0051018108_amy-adams-actress-new-york
Chancellor Adams with a Bank staff trader today; the Luschian politician is allegedly canvassing support for her own run at the Lord Presidency
Lady President B. Carter
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:43 pm

EXPLAIN THIS WILL YOU THEN?
Secretary-General Cliff wrote:Having just returned from his mysterious errands, Secretary-General Cliff is outraged as he reads the transcript of the two days procedings. Upon this he leaps to the podium:

"Following my last speech I am shocked that the Grand Duke dares to mention how The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators is run. How I run my countries is my affair and none of his, for in the constitution it says I am free to run my states as I wish, however th REGION must act as a fair democracy. The Grand Duke should not dare to wave his snobbish political freedoms in my face. The expulsion of Berrington was no clever military manoevre; I'm sure the invading Madhavian forces did not care whether Berrington was nominally in Duetaria or not, just that they would control the land. The government in exile would have been the ones allowed to speak in this chamber anyhow, so they would have not have been able to speak here in this Hall. All the expulsion's effect was to mean that Berrington could not plea for ais to us. As my Glorious Armed Forces are still in the remaining third of Berrington, it will surely be under its own government in a matter of weeks.

"The expulsion of the Emperor Alejandro III's states is a mere attempt at the removal of a key prosecution member, dispicable. How is arriving here an act of war, just because no official peace treaty was signed? Generals did not roll tanks and nothing else happenned - the action was without provocation. I request perversion of Justice be added to the charges list.

"I wish to end my speech by asking that the head of the prosecution speaks: has something happenned to him? If he does not make a speech in the next two days I request the right to take over from him as prosecution leader."

Or the ejection of Berrington and the Pork Villager and Greenoland and Attay and Nagadoches etc....
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Rebuttal to Emperor Alejandro

Post by Grand Duke Henry Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:06 pm

"Ignoring the first three-quarters of the quoted speech, given that that segment has no bearing whatsoever on WA Delegature, and because I do not dare to speak for the minds of Madhavians," says Hochkaztenburg calmly, "I wish to point out that my Government expelled the Alejandrian states simply because we were not aware that they had no political ties to Lower Schlovowia, and because the emperor had previously refused to sign the Duetaro-Schlovowian peace treaty proffered him."

The crowd claps. (Oh, and Ravenburg-Morovia did not expel Pork Village, as King Wake has already affirmed.)

"And to finish, my fellow statesmen, I shall lay to rest the ghosts of my Government's so-called 'injust activity' as Delegate: I cannot stress enough the very real threat posed to Duetaria by Calyndia, but I see that the opposition faction (composed, I might say, of monarchists and ultra-right-wingers) cares little for these truthful facts. They are clearly opposed to any expulsion of states from Duetaria or any other region... except, my friends, that that was precisely what Emperor Alejandro did in March. You see, gentlemen, long before the foundation of Duetaria, my ally Romardia was counted amongst the states of Lower Schlovwoia, living there peaceably. And then, without provocation, without any diplomatic reasoning, Emperor Alejandro mercilessly expelled Romardia from his region - he has never since given any reason and, I might add, this was long prior to his abdication! It seems, gentlemen, that the emperor is guilty of the precise crimes that he (falsely) accuses us of!"
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty you mean RE-but- Alejandrian?

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:14 pm

Those Actions were not done by the Emperor, who was already a political prisoner by then, but by the assassinated Prime Minister Ursula Griffiths, and as explained already have no bearing to Greenoland, Nagadoches, Attay or dare I say, Monte San Alessandro (whose monarch is a Grace, not an Alejandro anyway.)

The Grand Duke obviously has spite for our small nation, and uses the great terminology of "Alejandrian" inappropiately as a term of spite..... well what can I say Henrietta.....
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Mistaken Actions

Post by Lady President B. Carter Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:17 pm

"No, sir, the expulsion of Romardia was committed before your enforced abdication - and, as far as we knew, the states of Attay etc. were ruled by the same tyrannical regime that expelled our allies! It was only after Greenish soldiers had invaded our state that you casually informed us of your expulsion from power, Your Highness!" calls Foreign Minister Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Lady President B. Carter
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:03 pm

I agree, the stroy about the Emporer being a political prisoner seems quite farfetched, since why would a nation of such ' pwer and might' let its own leader fall into enemy hands? It seems to me like a great big fat lie, enabling him to push the blame on someone else!

As Shakespeare once wrote, these lies of Alejandro's are 'like the father that begets them; gross as a mountain, open and palpable.'

So as I close my speach I remind you all once more that eating people is wrong!
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty Surprised and bemused.

Post by Consul Clarkeos Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:42 pm

COntrary to popular rumour i shall nto be standing for delgeate this term as i have other business upon my hands. I have not yet decided who to vote for, and pestering me with Pms will cause me to not vote for you.
Consul Clarkeos
Consul Clarkeos
Aide

Location : Arguing Loudly in the Senate House. WARNING DEMOCRACY AT WORK

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:46 pm

would i do such a thing... but just remember, vote for me and you shall be rewarded with a plethora of gifts.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

'Vote Shortman for Sanity' Empty EXTRAORDINARY ANNUNCEMENT....

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:26 pm

"Today, I stand like President Johnson in 1968 to announce my descision not to seek election as WA Delegate for this term, but follow the wise steps of King-Consul Clarkeos I and tend to other business, being that in extraordinary circumstnces, the Conservative-Liberal party has won the election. The Prime Minister who is pro-duetarian and will enforce peace and has already usurped Alejandro VII and restored me! Monte San Alessandro, has in my absence negotiated with the Grand Nomad Lloyd. Monte San Alessandro agrees it has some differences with the Grand Nomad, but in essence our philosophy is similar and Monte San Alessandro will therefore back Lloyd all the way. He in return has appointed me WA Deputy Delegate. I release all who voted for me, and ask them to endorse the Grand Nomad to the Delegacy, for he truly is the best delegate there could be, and the least biassed. I endorse Grand Nomad Lloyd."

"What???" shout the crowd in anger.

Emperor Alejandro only turns back as he steps down from the podium and turns to thew crowd waving and a banner is raised:
Lloyd-Lecanda 2008
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:44 pm

From out of now where runs a lone mad man. He storms the stage and as all watch in shock expecting the worst the man hurls a lighter at the banner causing it to catch fire. The man then escapes from the police and no one is sure of what to arrest him for anyway.

Watching from a window above King Wake pours himself and the Grand Duke a glass of single malt whiskey each. "And that my friend is how their campaign will go."
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:51 pm

I DOUBT THE GRAND DUKE THINKS THAT OF OUR CAMPAIGN: KING WAKE I
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:05 pm

I'm sorry but how does a speech I made asking to take over the prosecution while Lloyd was absent show I have been prosecuted?
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next