Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history

4 posters

Go down

The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history Empty The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:59 pm

Professor von Helmeir enters the room. A cursory glance reveals that all of the students are armed, ready for the national armed service live fire test every citizen must take in order to eliminate those too weak to serve the country.

"Today we will be studying the geography of the Dictatorship of Telegram Operators. In my next lesson I will teach its history.

"The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators is surrounded by cliffs. Indeed, the only access to the mainland is by the great natural harbour of the Great River Thar. This itself is protected by massive headlands, and access is made impossible by the guns of the 107th artillery who are stationed there.

"The Great River Thar itself runs from the World's end mountains in the North down to its natural harbour in the south. The World's end mountains lower but continue around the whole nation, and it is from these that the cliffs drop. It is in these mountains our grand army trains. All rivers flow into the Thar, and as it winds its way south it is surrounded by great fertile plains. Around its harbour is the Dictatorship of Telegram Operators's only city, The City. It has no other name. Here all of the Dictatorship of Telegram Operators's industry is, and what industry that is. One of the strongest economies in the region. In the centre of the harbour is Secretary-General Cliff's own government island, and where our scientists do their work. Rainforests used to be abundant, but they were destroyed to make room for The City.

"That concludes today's lesson, I will teach you history tommorow."

With that he left the room and the students departed for their live fire test.

Last edited by Secretary-General Cliff on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history Left_bar_bleue0/1000The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history Empty Re: The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:51 pm

very intersting, if not slightly 'inspired' too much. (cough cough IDEA STEALER!)
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history Left_bar_bleue0/1000The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history Empty Re: The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:02 pm

I am sorry, but writing the geography of my glorious nation is not stealing ideas. Just because you wrote your geography/history first does not mean you're the only one who can do it!
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:10 pm

Exactly, this type of thing is open to everyone. I would like to congratulate Cliff on a very interesting piece.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:32 pm

Thankyou.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history Empty The History

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:10 pm

Professor von Helmeir once again entered the room. The class was about one quarter smaller than the last time; good, the national armed service live fire test had been successful.

"Evening class. Today I am going to talk to you about the history of our glorious nation from when the almighty Secretary-General Cliff led us to victory over our previous rulers.

" Before we took control of the country, it was controlled by ordinary humans who were experimenting in super-soldier programs. These experiments took place in the World's End Mountains. The product of these experiments was Cliff and his army. Realising the full potential his army had, Cliff led us in a glorious revolution. Although The state was a military one, the soldiers were lethally efficient and had control of the country in three days. The new government set itself up is The City.

"Then came the problem of what to do with the civilians. Because of the failing economy, Fred Grimes, head of the DOTO economy decided they should be used as slaves to build a strong economy. It worked, and now it is one of the region's stongest.

"Then Cliff decided to liberate two nearby countries that had been closely controlled by the previous government. These were the Federation of Dictionary Writers, which was kept as a client stet to DOTO, and the Armed Republic of Insane Hunters, which was left to self-govern but kept Cliff as an honourary figurehead.

"That just about concludes this lesson, and well done on survivng the test."

Last edited by Secretary-General Cliff on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Dictatorship of Telegram Operators : a history Empty History!

Post by Grand Duke Henry Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:18 am

"Here, here!" calls Nathalie St Vincent Hochkatzenburg, "We call for more great history lessons!"
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:59 pm

If anyone spots any errors in these articles tell me and i will edit them
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down