Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soiree at the Summer Palace

+3
Secretary-General Cliff
Prime Minister Walex
Grand Duke Henry
7 posters

Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Soiree at the Summer Palace

Post by Grand Duke Henry Mon May 26, 2008 9:17 pm

In honour of the liberation of Berrington that will be complete by Friday, Grand Duke Henry and Grand Duchess Sophie Clementine of Ravenburg-Morovia are hosting a soiree at their Summer Palace in the idyllic Ravenburger countryside near the sea on Saturday. Among the guests will be novelist Sir Henry MJ Tonks and wife Marissa Sedgeley, Lady Crawford; Count Berchtold and his family; Dieter and Nathalie Hochkatzenburg and the entire political class of Ravenburg-Morovia.

Invitations are also extended to the Duetarian heads of state and heads of government - it is expected that speeches will be given by many and varied personages of dignity, and a talk on The Future of Duetaria is being prepared by guest of honour Sir Jack Nicholson, formerly lord president in Luschia.

An eight course tasting lucnh will be served, with canapes and snacks available throughout the day, and at 18:30 there will be a viewing of Princess Elaina Maria's private art collection. It is estimated that upwards of seven hundred guests will be in attendance, and the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess eagerly await the presence of their fellow rulers.

Soiree at the Summer Palace Palace_05
The Grand Ducal Summer Palace, Ravenburg-Morovia

Soiree at the Summer Palace Blue-palace_01
The Seaside Villa, on the southern most part of the Palatial Estate

Last edited by Grand Duke Henry on Sat May 31, 2008 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
Soiree at the Summer Palace Left_bar_bleue0/1000Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Re: Soiree at the Summer Palace

Post by Prime Minister Walex Mon May 26, 2008 9:37 pm

TELEGRAM TO GRAND DUKE HENRY
FROM KING WAKE I MONARCH OF KARKELBANIA
DEAR FRIEND STOP I AND MY FAMILY ARE VERY MUCH LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS EVENT STOP WE HOWEVER WISH ASSURANCE THAT SECURITY WILL BE AT ITS UTMOST STOP I AM DYING TO HEAR THE GREAT SIR JACK AGAIN STOP WILL SEE YOU SOON STOP
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
Soiree at the Summer Palace Left_bar_bleue0/1000Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Reply Message

Post by Grand Duke Henry Mon May 26, 2008 11:31 pm

TO: KING WAKE OF KARKELBANIA
FROM: GRAND DUCHESS SOPHIE CLEMENTINE OF RAVENBURG-MOROVIA

DEAR WAKE,

WE ARE PLEASED TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU SO SOON STOP YOU AND YOUR LOVELY WIFE, QUEEN GIULIA, WILL BE OUR PREMIER GUESTS STOP DO NOT WORRY, MY FRIEND, SECURITY WILL BE AT ITS MOST HEIGHTENED SINCE THE SCHLOVOWIAN WAR STOP

YOUR FRIEND STOP

SOPHIE
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Invitations to the Soiree

Post by Grand Duke Henry Tue May 27, 2008 1:25 pm

The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Ravenburg-Morovia wish to receive the approbative responses of all dignitaries who will be attending the Soiree at our Summer Palace.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty TELEGRAM TO THE GRAND DUKE

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Tue May 27, 2008 5:22 pm

DEAR GRAND DUKE HENRY

I WOULD BE MOST PLEASED IF I WAS ALLOWED TO ATTEND THIS SOIREE STOP I HOPE OUR RELATIONSHIPS ARE NOT SOURED BY TH CURRENT AFFAIR IN THE COURTROOM STOP

SECRETARY-GENERAL CLIFF
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Reply to Invitation

Post by Lady President B. Carter Tue May 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Grand Duke Henry reads a telegram from Lady President Bonham Carter delivered to him in his opulent hotel room at the Imperial, Vienna.

DEAR HENRY STOP
I WISH TO ACCEPT YOUR INVITATION TO THE SOIREE STOP MY KING, QUEEN AND OTHER ROYALS LIKEWISE ACCEPT, AND WE WILL BE BRINGING OUR PRIZED EIGHTEEN-FOOT TALL SOUFFLE MADE BY MICHELIN CHEF REMUND GRAND-MARNIER DE LA BEARNAISE STOP WE LOOK FORWARD HUGELY TO THE EVENT STOP
YOUR FRIEND AND CONFIDANTE STOP
HBC
Lady President B. Carter
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Warm Welcome

Post by Grand Duke Henry Tue May 27, 2008 10:43 pm

The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Ravenburg-Morovia are delighted that their tenacious rival Secretary-General Cliff, the "attack dog of liberal constitutionalism", still wishes to attend their humble gathering. A Warm Welcome will be extended to him!

Last edited by Grand Duke Henry on Sat May 31, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Wed May 28, 2008 12:03 am

Dearest Grand Duke Henry,
In recognition of your apology to His Boronic Majesty, and the new relations between Ravenburg-Morovia and Greenoland and Nagadoches, His Boronic Majesty gladly accepts your invitation, at the cost of cancelling the folk festivals he would attend with his the Boronic First Lady. The only thing that Captain Boron, would request s assurances that his assured enemies Tom "the spud" Hookee and other members of the clan won't be there.

His Boronic Majesty thanks you accordingly.

The Right Honourable, H.B.M Captain Boron
and the council of the Super Elecrons.

P.S would a super-califrigalistic-conductor X be an acceptable gift.
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Location : Either The Imperial Palace, The Senate House, or elsewhere

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Response Message

Post by Grand Duke Henry Wed May 28, 2008 12:15 am

Dear Captain,

Naturally, in light of the Greeno-Ravenburger and Nagadocho-Ravenburger friendships so recently cemented by apologies on both sides, we would be very happy to receive you and any guests that you and your First Lady wish to bring to our soiree. It is also a great pleasure of mine to announce that Tom Hookee was last seen in the company of Luschian Opposition Shadow PM Marchmain, who will probably not be attending.

Naturally, the renowned Super-Califrigalistic-Conductor X would be a much-treasured gift. Might we respond with a rare Vanadium Accelerator of Mendeelivium Particles?

We look forward to seeing you, dear sir,

Your friend,

Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Attendees New

Post by Grand Duke Henry Fri May 30, 2008 2:58 am

Count Prittwitz-Berchtold opens a gold-embossed letter with his Sword of Damocles opener, casually sipping a chilled Jack Daniels. In the neighbouring room to his luxurious wood-pannelled study, Countess Carisa and the three Berchtold children; Maria Charlotte, Rupert and Frederick Corsinus are watching a DVD of The Awful Truth as recommended by 'Aunt' Gwynnie Paltrow. Prittwitz-Berchtold reads the below letter:

TO: THE OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE, RAVENBURG-MOROVIA
FROM: THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL, UPPER MOROVIA-CARINTHIA

Dear Otto,

The Government of Upper Morovia-Carinthia will naturally be attending the soiree; I am bringing my trademark caramel truffles, and all of the cabinet look forward eagerly to the event. The soiree promises to be spectacular, as does the guest list!

Claudia will, apparently, be showing off her latest purchases from the private Harrod's installed in the Hofstein (the executive budget is already running up $43,000 in clothes, I am told!), and Matthias asks specially that you seat him next to King Wake (his childhood hero, bless the political animal) and Amy Adams (allegedly, his biggest 'fan' - I have my suspicions). Congratulations, of course, to the Grand Duchess for pulling this magnificent party off - a miracle worker of networking, I believe!

Yours faithfully and in cordial acquaintance,

Richard G. F. Vogt
President of the Executive Council, Upper Morovia-Carinthia
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Fri May 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Shall we bring gifts? If so I shall bring an ornatly decorated vase depicing how white beard was defeated by Hiro
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Thank you Grand Nomad

Post by Grand Duke Henry Fri May 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Naturally, any gift would be welcome, Grand Nomad, and we shall certainly reciprocate.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty Soiree Success!

Post by Grand Duke Henry Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:14 pm

The Sunday Soiree at the Summer Palace was a massive success, with nearly four thousand guests in attendance. Sumptuous foods and sophisticated conversations were in a delightful cornucopia as President Richard Berry and Vice President Edwina Siddons of Berrington were welcomed back into duetaria with open arms by statesmen and literati alike. Grand Nomad Lloyd and Secretary-General Cliff heatedly debated their candidacies for World Assembly Delegate whilst seated at the High Table, and a magnificent dance was held in the Grand Ballroom, irradiated by sunlight and glistering golden chandeliers, which was won narrowly by Grand Duke Henry and Grand Duchess Sophie Clementine, with King Clarkeos and Queen Olivina a close second.

Predictably the party spilled over into the luxurious seaside villa, the sprawling gardens and the ornate swimming pool, with guests relaxing in the idyllic grounds. A game of charades on grand scale finished off the evening, with Countess Carisa von Prittwitz-Berchtold and Lord Alejandro Lecanda of Moreno deserved winners. Many thanks must naturally be extended also to the transcendental guest speakers, Sir Jack Nicholson and Sir Henry MJ Tonks, whose enlightened lectures (The Future of Duetaria and Empire of Shadows: The Cinema of John Huston, respectively) will be a source of much debate and dicsussion for years to come.

Soiree at the Summer Palace Hedy_narrowweb__300x3950
Countess Carisa von Prittwitz-Berchtold, wife of the acting chancellor and cousin of the Grand Duke

Soiree at the Summer Palace Irene_Dunne_dress_01
Grand Duchess Sophie Clementine, "aristocratic elegance personified" according to Chancellor Mettenburg
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:13 pm

what was all that random 'STOP'ing about in all of those posts a while back?
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Soiree at the Summer Palace Empty STOP

Post by Lady President B. Carter Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Those posts were telegrams, Grand Nomad.
Lady President B. Carter
Lady President B. Carter
MP

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

http://www.helena-world.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:29 pm

okay
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Consul Clarkeos Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:38 pm

SORRY IF LATE STOP REVOLUTIONS GENERALLY CAUSE MAJOR TRAFFIC JAMS STOP WILL BRING MARBLE BUSTS OF THE FINEST MEMBERS OF DUETARIA STOP LOOKING FOWARD TO PARTY STOP CONSUL CLARKEOS
Consul Clarkeos
Consul Clarkeos
Aide

Location : Arguing Loudly in the Senate House. WARNING DEMOCRACY AT WORK

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:40 pm

it is a bit late clark... the party has ready been and gone...
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down