Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Regional Cabinet Act vote

4 posters

Go down

Do you want the Regional Cabinet Act to be passed?

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Vote_lcap86%The Regional Cabinet Act vote Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]
The Regional Cabinet Act vote Vote_lcap14%The Regional Cabinet Act vote Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty The Regional Cabinet Act vote

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat May 31, 2008 2:13 pm

Below is the Regional Cabinet act, it is final. It may be changed by amendment if it is passed later etc. Please vote only once, no matter how many accounts you have, I can see you so if you do I will delete you.

1) The elected WA delegate would be allowed to select a cabinet.

2) The cabinet would contain up to 2 other rulers, but the WA delegate would not have to appoint 2; 2 would be a maximum.

3) The WA delegate would appoint roles to his cabinet such as foreign secretary etc.

4) There would be a seperate section of the forum for the cabinet, viewable only by the cabinet and WA delegate.

5) The WA delegate can change the cabinet at any time, however if selected becoming part of the cabinet is not compulsory.

6) The cabinet would have no other special powers over other rulers, they are merely advisors.

Amended Ravenburger-Morovian Plan for the Regional Cabinet

1. A higher policy-making body will be inaugurated in Duetaria, called the Senior Executive Committee for Policy and Legislation (shortened to the cabinet).

2. The Cabinet will consist of six members:
a. The World Assembly Delegate (currently Ravenburg-Morovia)
b. The Deputy World Assembly Delegate
c. The First Minister for Foreign and Dominion Affairs
d. The First Minister for Internal and Judicial Affairs
e. The First Minister for Defence and Security Affairs
f. The Chairman of the Joint Military Staffs (for Duetaria)

3. The Deputy WA Delegate would be elected on the Forum by candidates in a manner identical to the election of the WA Delegate - however, after the first election (i.e. when our first ever Deputy Delegate is elected), the Delegate and Deputy Delegate would run on 'one ticket'. Thus, for example, in the upcoming 16 June Election, members would vote for 'Grand Nomad Lloyd and Chancellor Mettenburg' rather than just 'Grand Nomad Lloyd'. The Deputy Delegate would then receive numerically half the votes of the Delegate on NationStates itself, to mark his position symbolically.

4. The Deputy WA Delegate would stand in for the Delegate on all occasions of his/her absence, and succeed him/her as Delegate pro tempore in case of resignation/destruction until the next Election.

5. The Cabinet Ministers would be directly appointed by the Delegate in consultation with his Deputy Delegate. They would serve as deliberative policy-making aides to the Delegate, and all decisions on laws and legislation would have to be raitified by at least two of the three ministers before formal proposal to the Grand Council. Then, once ratified, they would be proposed as normal to the Council at large.

6. The Chairman of the Joint Military Staffs would be elected from any nation's chief of staff/military commander-in-chief in the manner of the Delegate. So, for example, a poll would be set up, with 'Field Marshal Waldersee (Ravenburg-Morovia)' and 'Field Marshal Lee (Luschia)' etc. as options.

7. A separate page, entitled The Senior Executive Committee for Policy and Legislation, would be set up, viewable only to cabinet members.

8. The WA Delegate would reserve the right to dismiss any of his ministers conditional on the agreement of the Deputy Delegate, and when dismissed the minister(s) would be barred accordingly from the Cabinet.

9. Should the Cabinet block any pieces of legislation regarding Defence; Foreign Aggression; or Welfare Reforms, then the Delegate would reserve the right to pass them by Executive Order conditional on the agreement of the Founder (Karkelbania). The Delegate would be allotted two executive decisions on each of the aforestated branches of policy per term.

10. The Cabinet would have the authority to establish Cabinet Subcommittees with specific portfolios, for example the Cabinet Subcommittee for Policy Towards Calyndia, which would be vice-chaired by a cabinet-appointed statesman and chaired (ceremonially) by the Deputy Delegate. These subcommittees would have authority to debate on their portfolio and to propose acts/policies directly to the cabinet, which would then decide to forward the act to the Grand Council or veto it as per usual.

~~~~~~

This amended plan for the Cabinet of Duetaria is proposed by:

Count Otto Corsinus von Prittwitz-Berchtold, Secretary of State (Ravenburg-Morovia)
Lamberto Raimondi Prasca, Prime Minister (Romardia)
Richard G.F. Vogt, President of the Executive Council (Upper Morovia-Carinthia)

Last edited by King Wake I on Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
The Regional Cabinet Act vote Left_bar_bleue0/1000The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty Majority

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:51 pm

If we reach a majority of more than 5 votes I will call this act passed and it will be added to the constitution.
If this happens I will post here the rules on what will happen next in the election concerning cabinets.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
The Regional Cabinet Act vote Left_bar_bleue0/1000The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty Question

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Gregory Heart, Prime Minister Raimondi Prasca and Dieter Hochkatzenburg sit in the Grand Monaco Restaurant, eating their starters at a casual business lunch.

"If it's passed, can we speedily elect a Deputy to serve out the rest of my term, and may my Government appoint a Cabinet to serve likewise?" asks Hochkatzenburg, as he delicately samples a risotto.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty Re: The Regional Cabinet Act vote

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:14 pm

Wouldn't it just be easier if we introduced it the term after with exams approaching?
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty Why?

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:23 pm

"Why?" asks Hochkatzenburg. "We could vote it through today, and then my Government could appoint a Cabinet and begin a Deputy's election on 6/7 June."
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty PASSED!

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:26 pm

With the majority passed I now declare this law and shall add it into the constitution.
There shall be no cabinet for this term. The upcoming election will contain NO cabinet elections, by this I mean that no one will run with another state but they will be chosen by the winner after the election, competitors for power will be allowed to join the victor's cabinet after the election.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty Hang on...

Post by Prince Leopold Maximilian Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:29 pm

"The act says that the Deputy WA Delegate runs on the same Campaign Ticket as the Delegate himself," points out Premier Eulenburg.
Prince Leopold Maximilian
Prince Leopold Maximilian
Angry Placard waver

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:35 pm

Yes, as it will for the next election but as this was passed so soon before an election it has been postponed till the next one.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty Hey!

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:48 pm

We did not decide that - the Act was passed on the understanding that you would re-open the Election for Deputy and I would form my Cabinet.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:50 pm

Fine you may appoint a cabinet but we shall not have a Deputy in that cabinet.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Regional Cabinet Act vote Empty Approbation

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:51 pm

OK. My Cabinet will now be in a New Topic, posted at about 19:00.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:53 pm

Done this thread will now be locked and I ask all to turn to the Coastal Protection Policy Act
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down