Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote

+2
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Prime Minister Walex
6 posters

Go down

Do you want the CPP Act to be passed?

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Vote_lcap63%CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Vote_lcap37%CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:24 pm

a)A coastal protection fund for every nation is installed, totaling £1billion per annum, this fund will then be split up to smaller local coastal governments to be used for the sole purpose of protecting the coast, placing groynes, building sea walls, and any other methods thought useful in the protection of our coasts. The money for this fund will be gained by a regional coastal protection tax, for those who live within 1 mile of any coastline. Sea walls shall therefore generally be used in extreme conditions, where all other forms of cp have failed, or in areas where the coastline is eroding at over 10 meters per year.

b) A scheme of planned retreat and compensation for those in areas where coastal protection, for whatever reason, may have failed, would be introduced. Planned retreat will only be employed if the owners of the coastal property allow it take place, and the compensation will amount to the cost of all buildings and property lost. It can either be payed in the form of money, cash or other monetary form, or by a direct suitable replacement of the lost property.

c) The funding and money presented to these states and local coastal councils shall under no circumstances be used for any other reason than to protect the coast and the people living by it. It will not be tolerated if the funding is used for any underhand, or legitimate reasons, severe actions will be made if it is.

d) The coastal protection policy fund may also be used to research the causes of coastal erosion, such as why water levels are rising, what rock types need better protecting, and which methods of coastal protection are the cheapest and most effective.

Guideline for Protection to use.
Towns, villages, roads and houses would be generally protected by groynes and walls, but farmland and isolated houses would be approached with managed retreat and compensation to their owners, this is not a part of the policy, just a suggestion.

Last edited by King Wake I on Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Left_bar_bleue0/1000CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty Re: CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:03 pm

The CCP, (brain-child of Grand Nomad Lloyd) aims at improving the lives of those living by the coast, it also aims at preventing the loss of our coastlines to the sea.
It is an act with no negatives, only positives, and therefore i urge and encourage you to act for the passing of the CPP.

Last edited by King Wake I on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Left_bar_bleue0/1000CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty Minor Pecuniary Quibble

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:57 pm

Gottlieb Daun Margrave of Sohm, the Minister for Finances, Commerce and Economic Affairs, rises unsteadily to his feet, holding a silver-engraved hip flask. Shrewdly, Interior Minister Richtenburg props him discreetly up with one hand.

"Gentlemen and Ladies... I mean... Ladies and Gentlemen, I have only praise for the CPP (hiccup), for its compassion of purpose and modernity of design," says Sohm, slurring his words slightly, "on that note, however, I have two minor pecuniary quibbles. Firstly: is the money (i.e. the £1 billion) to be paid via the Duetarian Bank, or through centralised government taxation itself? If this could be clarified, then only one question would remain."

The Catoagoan environment delegates nod politely and one draws out a budgetary note. They begin to annotate it.

"Secondly, colleagues," continues Sohm, "should we take steps to incorporate a Compensation Clause into the Inter-Regional Welfare Act? That way, the undoubtedly steep cost of compensation could be shouldered by the Housing Departments as established under the aforesaid act. Naturally, my suggestions serve only to streamline the financial clauses of this noble act, and to broaden an Economic Infrastructure to adequately provide for all areas of Compensation and Cost."

Last edited by Grand Duke Henry on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty Re: CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:40 pm

who is voting against, and why?
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty Not Us, says Ravenburg-Morovia

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:23 pm

"Don't look at me old boy," says Sohm, "We are behind it, as are Luschia and Darmsburg-Gotha."
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Tell em honestly have Luschia voted on this act?
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty Of Course Luschia Voted

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:30 pm

"Yes they have," chirps up Sohm indignantly, "I am temporarily speaking for Rural Affairs Minister Marion Cotillard, who has left us briefly to do a VF interview on Unique Francaise Style... anyway, Luschia voted for the CPP, just as they previously voted to alter the Welfare Act (thankfully, they were defeated on that one)."
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty Notification

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:01 pm

My Environmentalist Fervour got the better of me; all three of my profiles voted 'Yes'. Now, however, that has been remedied, and only Luschia will vote.

PS: Just to clarify, this is the only time that more than one of my nations has voted on one Proposal, apart from when Lady President B. Carter accidently voted for President Shortman in the Second Election.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty HUGH?

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:12 pm

is it me or have the voting results changed? I could have sworn more people had voted.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty Reply to HUGH?

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:43 pm

Yes, I voted thrice because I LOVE THE ENVIRONMENT!!! Unfortunately, these surplus votes had to be rescinded because of bias.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by lordsemaj Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:52 pm

why not
lordsemaj
lordsemaj
Angry Placard waver

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty fortunate

Post by Tweek the allmighty Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:41 pm

It's a damn good job i'm landlocked. Damn those coasts. If they are destroying our country destroy them! Fill them with nuclear and toxic waste. That'll teach them not to erode your coastline. BTW Can u buy the wast from me? I'm running out of excuses why babies suddenly have 3 eyes.
Tweek the allmighty
Tweek the allmighty
Local councilor

Location : Thats for you to know and me to find out...wait that's not right.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

CPP (Costal Protection Policy) Act vote Empty FINAL, FINAL update.

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:17 pm

a)A coastal protection fund for every nation is installed, totaling around £25 million per annum per nation, this money will be collected by local and/or national taxes, this fund will then be split up to smaller local coastal governments to be used for the sole purpose of protecting the coast, placing groynes, building sea walls, and any other methods thought useful in the protection of our coasts. The money for this fund will be gained by a regional coastal protection tax, for those who live within 1 mile of any coastline. Sea walls shall therefore generally be used in extreme conditions, where all other forms of cp have failed, or in areas where the coastline is eroding at over 10 meters per year.

b) A scheme of planned retreat and compensation for those in areas where coastal protection, for whatever reason, may have failed, would be introduced. Planned retreat will only be employed if the owners of the coastal property allow it take place, and the compensation will amount to the cost of all buildings and property lost. It can either be payed in the form of money, cash or other monetary form, or by a direct suitable replacement of the lost property.

c) The funding and money presented to these states and local coastal councils shall under no circumstances be used for any other reason than to protect the coast and the people living by it. It will not be tolerated if the funding is used for any underhand, or illegitimate reasons, severe actions will be made if it is.

d) The coastal protection policy fund may also be used to research the causes of coastal erosion, such as why water levels are rising, what rock types need better protecting, and which methods of coastal protection are the cheapest and most effective.

Guideline for Protection to use.
Towns, villages, roads and houses would be generally protected by groynes and walls, but farmland and isolated houses would be approached with managed retreat and compensation to their owners, this is not a part of the policy, just a suggestion.

Last edited by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 4 times in total
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:19 pm

You would have to ask King Wake I about paying the compensation through the Inter-Regional Welfare Act.
And in answer to question 1 the money is gained by national/ local taxes, it is the decition of a nations leader if the tax is local/ national, though a local tax fot coastal areas is fairer.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:00 am

Being in command of an island nation, I have a lot of coast to protect. However I do not wish to spend £10 million typewriters on it per annum. If it was less I might vote for it. Jacob, how much does nuclear waste cost?
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:57 pm

the cpp tax covers all housholds within 1 mile of the coast. That will cover around 10 million people, since our nations are so large, therefore I suggest a tax of £10 per houshold per year. Let us take the average houshold to consist of 4 people, we then divide 10million by 4 and multiply the answer by 10, to get an average estimate that the cpp tax will raise around £25million per annum, which is why i beleive the current £7.5million, to be far too little.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:00 pm

This is interesting but it says in the Act that the sum would be 1 billion does it not, when we can raise 25 million as you say.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:59 pm

it has been edited, that was a very vague and horribly wrong estimate taken my a moron who has now been fired.
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:09 pm

Then I may reconsider my vote
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:21 pm

thankyou
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:22 pm

So with the sudden swing of policy from Wake the act looks like it may be passed.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:43 pm

King Wake enters the hall and ceremonially bangs his scepter on the floor. "I hereby pass this act."
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:41 pm

celebrations, my first act is passed!!!!!
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down