Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Third Election Campaign

+3
Consul Clarkeos
Prime Minister Walex
Grand Duke Henry
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: The Third Election Campaign

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Do we have the right to free speech? Because if so you cannot make these demands! Shortman is a brilliant politician: he has lost narrowly twice to the same, the awe-inspiring Henry. We need someone who will be able to take on the position with pride!

Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman! Vote Shortman!

Last edited by Secretary-General Cliff on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/1000The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty CENSORSHIP!

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:33 pm

our free speech is being taken by an all powerful moderator, the MLK video has disappeared without my approval! Although, I was probably going to take it off any way, I think it unjust that King Wake has so much power over my campaign! This is Watergate all over again.....if you believe in Democracy and change, vote for me and end this nonsense!

Last edited by Alexandros I Imperator on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Location : Either The Imperial Palace, The Senate House, or elsewhere

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty Ravenburg-Morovia Steps Down from the Campaign Limelight

Post by Grand Duke Henry Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:19 pm

A crowd bustles eagerly up to a large platform near the Grand Council Chambers. Chancellor Mettenburg and Dieter Hochkatzenburg stand atop it, their "Alexandros - Mettenburg" banners drooping sorrowfully. Mettenburg shakes Hochkatzenburg's hand, and then steps forward to speak.

"Friends, Duetarians, Voters, I stand here today to offer my sincerest apologies for what is about to transpire in the Grand Council. In a Campaign marred by personal slights, ill-conceived 'shotgun' rhetoric and ineptly polarising politicking, the dignity and grace of Emperor Alexandros and of his rival, President Shortman, has appeared as a ray of light at the end of this scandal-steeped tunnel. But there is a time for even the most resilient of politicians and statesmen to recognise that they cannot stand against the onward march of change for all time. In my time as your WA Delegate, I have done my best to govern with moderation and respect for the constitution, and have no doubt that His Imperial Highness would continue to build upon these foundations of stone. Yet it seems that the relentless, unthinking populism of leaders such as Grand Nomad Lloyd and Secretary-General Cliff has at last worn down the rock-hard armour of our Compassionate Society! Assaulted without compunction or pride by those leaders, our great campaign's message of hope and reform has been smothered beneath the petty power plays of our supposedly 'Loyal Opposition'!

"But my respect for the august statesmanship of President Shortman remains undiminished, and I will be honoured beyond words by any olive branch that he should deem suitable to proffer my Government and that of Alexandros. And so we remain standing tall, resolute in our defence of basic freedoms and welfare, implacable in the maintenance of constitutional governance, incorruptible in the pursuit of progress! For one day, I swear, ladies and gentlemen, we shall see a great and mighty rebirth of Alexandrianism and of the Compassionate Society! This shall be our fervent dream, and lodged within it the promise of future triumphs and victories! For only when brought momentarily to the lowest valley, however ignobly, can you truly know what is to be atop the highest mountain!"

There is a huge surge of feeling, many spectators weep and break down, but much of the crowd cheers out "Mettenburg! Alexandros! Duetaria!" as the ministers wave and applaud.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/1000The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:26 pm

With four days until Wednesday when I expect you all to go out and vote I would like to thank the Grand DUke for his elegant speech.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty The Compassionate Society can continue with President Shortman

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Emperor Alexandros rises above the podium, and before Duetaria and the support of millions of constituents who silently wait his words.

"My fellow Duetarians, I have come here tonight not to argue as a candidate but to affirm a cause. I' will beg you tonight to renew the commitment to the Compassionate Society and General Economic justice, but I reiterate that this can be done through President Shortman, who most gracefully agrees with our ideas and plans to sustain them throughout his term. I believe, that we have reached el fin del camino, the end of the road when it comes to the Monte San Alessandro campaign. Well, things worked out a little different from the way I thought, but let me tell you, I still love Duetaria! And that is why I am asking you to renew our commitment to a fair and lasting prosperity that can put Duetaria back to work.

This is the cause that has inspired my entire campaign and led me to attempt a better tommorrow for every Duetarian. And yet, despite my ideals, I am a realist and I must realise that President Shortman is truly just the strongest candidate, and that his campaign at present is the best thing for Duetaria. I congratulate President Shortman on this victory, and appeal to my constituents to vote for him! For the future is in this young candidate. Monte San Alessandro, for the moment officialy announces it will endorse President Shortman, and asks all of Duetaria to follow our lead. Indeed, there will come a time when Monte San Alessandro will return, and when we will fight, and when we will win. The Compassionate Society is what we are fighting for, and President Shortman can make it come true! We will make it come true!"

The crowd although saddened by the end of the promise, is revitalized by the spirit of a new future that comes with President Shortman.
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Are there any candidates other than Shortman left in the race? If not I congratulate him on a victory well deserved.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:19 pm

I think so, as we speak Shortman is drawing up his cabinet and messages will be sent out to candidates soon.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:23 pm

Can I please point out that Henry still has a week in power.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Yes, yes you can
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:27 pm

Thankyou
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:37 pm

What was your point exactly?
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty Waning Lords of Peace

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:40 pm

Chancellor Mettenburg stands with various ministers and dignitaries in his Spherical Office in the Blue House, Karkelbanian based headquarters of the World Assembly Delegate. The outgoing Delegate has been hosting an opulent party in the Blue House since 18:25, and is currently chatting to Secretary-General Cliff, High Chief Thomas and Nathalie St Vincent Hochkaztenburg while Count Prittwitz-Berchtold and Dieter Hochkaztenburg show other guests around the chancellor's considerable art collection. Mettenburg holds a chilled glass of Chablis lightly in his verdant glove, and is noticeable tipsy.

"Pointing out about my last week, Cliffie, good one," he comments, a contemptuous note of distaste at the secretary-general present in his aristocratic tones, "of course, I will try to do as much as I can in the final four days."

"As you should, Charles," points out Nathalie admiringly. Thomas nods his agreement, delicately swilling Denis Mortet. He spits it into an ornate silver tasting bucket perched on an antique Venetian coffee table.

"Naturally, there is still the 'Candidate of Dissatisfaction," continues Mettenburg, smiling slyly at Cliff and the Catoagoan.

"What?" asks Cliff guardedly, eating a cocktail sausage. as he does so, Dieter Hochkatzenburg swans back into the room in typically flamboyant fashion. Nathalie idly nibbles her biscotti provocatively as her husband approaches.

"The candidate of dissatisfaction," repeats Mettenburg methodically, " on the official WA Vote, we are impelled by law to put at least a second option, so that Opposition members can abstain from voting for a candidate of whom they disapprove. Of course, if the dissatisfaction vote gets the majority, then I must continue as Delegate until a second politician is persuaded to run."

Cliff appears distinctly troubled, but any reply is cut short as Hochkatzenburg reaches the four. He kisses Nathalie lightly on one cheek, and then addresses the chancellor.

"Marie needs you in the Pine Marten Room, Charles, she wants you to meet Dr Thomas FP Hosty."

"Hosty? The famous academic and avant-garde writer? I hope he didn't bring that dreadful friend of his, Simone Stacey," Mettenburg shudders.

"No, no, just Dr Hosty - oh, and Sir Henry of course."

"On my way," Mettenburg drains his glass and saunters off, leaving Hochkaztenburg to charm and chat with Cliff and Thomas.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Are you trying to keep yourself in power sir? I hope not and am sure you aren't. In the first election when you were the only candidate after Shortman withdrew we had no such thing. Perhaps though in this day and age it is needed, but you cannot stand.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty Power Share

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Of course we are not trying to keep power - my record as Delegate is marked by close adherence to Constitutional law and antecedents. If the Dissatisfaction Candidate gets the most votes, then I will share power with King Wake until a second candidate stands.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:22 pm

A wise and acceptable solution.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:01 pm

May I suggest that Alli makes up his mind, he has jumped the political bandwagon so many times it is beginning to appear that he is either very disorientated, or is just so politicaly drunk that he doesn't know his left from right; as churchill said 'anyone can rat, but it takes a certain amount of ingenuity to re-rat.' ; or words to those effect... and it is beginnig to appear that Alli doesn't have that 'certain amount of ingenuity'...

Last edited by Grand Nomad Lloyd on Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Location : Wherever I am, it cannot be real. I am present, but were am I?

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Grand Nomad Lloyd wrote:May I suggest that Alli makes up his mind, he has jumped the political bandwagon so many times it is beginning to appear that he is either very disorientated, or is just so politicaly drunk that he doesn't know his left from right; as churchill said 'anyone can rat, but it takes a certain amount of ingenuity to re-rat.' ; or words to those effect.

Bravo!
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty Duo of Points

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:52 pm

Emperor Alexandros is not 'jumping the bandwagon' (which is an incorrect piece of rhetoric anyway): he is simply adapting his views just as President Shortman did in the heated Second Election.

More importantly, could King Wake please add the Dissatisfaction Candidate Clause to the Constitution officially, with immediate effect?
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty Making Your Mind Up

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:47 pm

I suppose that by the title of "Alli", is meant Emperor Alexandros I Imperator Autocrator Romanorum, and not some Egyptian Pasha. If that is the case, I have the following points to make.
1) I am not jumping a "bandwagon" as I have already decleared my stepping down and supporting President Shotman.
2) I have changed alligience in the past, but a change of mind is allowed in Politics and is the centre of a Democratic, Liberal, society
3) Grand Nomad Lloyd himself jumped the "bandwagon" from his campaign to the Shortman campaign at the simple suggestion of a WA Deputy Delegate Post
4) We don't intend to be the "Candidate of dissatisfaction"
5) We are merely trying to protect and bring out the ideas of a compassionate society.

Therefore I respond to Grand Nomad Lloyd, if he is referring to me, that I a have already decleared my alligience, and that unless asked otherwise either by the established rules, a large majority of peoples, or by the Duetarian Peoples, I am no
longer a Candidate and fully endorse President Shortman, who I have already congratulated.
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty Here! Here!

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:06 pm

We agree totally with His Imperial Highness Emperor Alexandros I. He is a thoroughly honourable and upright individual, both politically and personally.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:30 am

May Shortman live most vicotrious!!
Long live Shortman!!!
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Consul Clarkeos Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Congratulations Shortman! May Duetaria remain strong forever
Consul Clarkeos
Consul Clarkeos
Aide

Location : Arguing Loudly in the Senate House. WARNING DEMOCRACY AT WORK

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand Nomad Lloyd Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:35 pm

"HERE HERE!!
DOES ANYONE STAND TO OPPOSE SHORTMAN'S PLENIPOTENTIARISM?"

"NO" shout the crowds of adoring Catoagoains as Grand Nomad Lloyd is quietly led off stage for a logerrhea jab...
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Grand Nomad Lloyd
Lord

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty The Return of A Dead Man

Post by Alexandros I Imperator Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:45 pm

"Perhaps t'is I who will challenge this man." Says a dark figure from the dark, holding out a blackened gun, a carabina de ambrosio. As the figure comes out from the shadows, the crowds in the Blue House party of the graceful Chancellor Mettenburg, as they recognize a man thooght dead: Kevin Spacey, who as remembered was killed by the police of Greenoland in a gunshot. President Shortman, standing directly infront of the gun, gasps horrified.

"Aren't you meant to be dead?" he asks

"Well, I am the evil guy, so I will relate my tale before I kill you all and bring my rule of endless anarchy. The Chief Inspector of the Greenish Police, an idiot named Captain Francium, did find me, but since he had 'misplaced his multi functional gun', he told me to stay put. Trusting that I would, he ran to his car to get another gun. By the time he had returned, he found that I had commited suicide. But it wasn't me, but my twin, dead brother, Simone." Answers Kevin Spacey as he makes an evil laugh.

"Well Spacey, a man capable of Killing his own twin brother is capable of anything..." shouts shortman in anger

"Oh, I never liked Simone. He said Plenipotentiarism wasn't a word. Well, it wasn't, but that doesn't matter, he's dead and soon you too Shortman, you capitalist pig. I'll kill all of you, and anarchy will rule."

"Never! You may kill me, you may kill all the politicians, but you can't silence the Duetarian People. So our deaths will be in vain, Anarchist Pig!" Just as Shortman says these words awaiting his death, Alexandros I Imperator, recovers from the shock and grabbing a table, beats Kevin Spacey into submission, before saying the words to the shocked Shortman:
"We'll he'll have a lot of explaining to do to the Sadist Madhavian Police, specially when he stands trial before the Duetarian Police!"
Alexandros I Imperator
Alexandros I Imperator
Aide

Back to top Go down

The Third Election Campaign - Page 2 Empty Victory Bash

Post by Grand Duke Henry Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:27 am

High-ranking Potato Farmers and other Duetarian officials stand in the inter-regional headquarters of the Shortman Campaign, Shevardbern, Karkelbania, drinking espressos and alcoholic beverages. Chancellor Mettenburg, looking tired and harrassed, talks to an ecstatic President Shortman as Lord Kingsdown discusses the nuances of Shortmanite policy with his counterpart Gregory Heart. A slightly despondent Amy Adams, whose concrete lead in polls has now taken a substantial nosedive, sits next to an exhausted Gwyneth Paltrow, quaffing a Mouton Rothschild. The Luschian chancellor of the exchequer abruptly collapses into Paltrow's lap - the treasury minister, annoyed, stands and pushes her colleague onto the carpet.

"When is the official vote going out Shortman?" asks Mettenburg, massaging his temples.

"Some time soon I expect, Charles, probably tomorrow."

"Excellent, excellent... and your published Cabinet memo?"

Shortman taps his nose conspiratorially. "Ah, Charles, we can't no everything too fast, now can we old boy?"

Mettenburg seems to agree as a completely sloshed Adams drags herself unsteadily upright and sways over towards the toilets. Lady President Bonham Carter crosses the room to greet Minister-President von Amsberg, an elated expression on her face.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next