Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act)

4 posters

Go down

Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act)

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:58 pm

The below Act has been proposed by Grand Nomad Lloyd. He suggests that we form a Duetarian Military Intelligence Service. This will consist of an M.I. Unit for Homeland Security and Anti-terror Investigations and another M.I. Unit for Foreign Investigations and Espionage. Ideas on how these will be run, and what each M.I. unit is codenamed/exactly does will be warmly welcomed.

The Duetarian Military Intelligence Act

a) Two M.I. services will be formed, one service with portfolio for homeland security and anti-terror investigations, and the other service with portfolio for foreign investigations and espionage (as above stated).

b) The M.I. unit reponsible for Homeland Security and Anti-terror Investigations shall be called 'H.A.S' (Homeland Security and Anti-terror Service) and shall be responsible for investigating all new nations that join the region and the defense of the current Delegete, and to make sure that there are no revolts against him, doubling as a secert police service.

c) The M.I unit responsible for Foreign Investigations and Espionage shall be called 'F.E.S' (Foreign Investigations and Espionage Service), and shall be responsible for sending a number of specially created 'agent' nations to spy on other regions and see what they are planning, this can be used defensively - to see if the region is planning an invasion, or offensively, to see if a region is expecting an invasion, or as a pre-emptive counterattack. It will also be used to send information to the Committee of the Joint Military Staffs about where to or not to invade regions.

d) A Subcommittee called the 'M.I.C' (Military Intelligence Council) shall consist of the First Foreign Minister who oversees the whole of M.I. operations, Sectetary-General Cliff as Director-General of H.A.S and Grand Nomad Lloyd as Director-General of F.E.S.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Left_bar_bleue0/1000Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty Re: Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act)

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:38 pm

Overall it seems like an excellent plan to me but I fell that debate in needed outside the cabinet.
My main problem is with article d.
Grand Nomad Lloyd wrote:d) A Subcommittee called the 'M.I.C' (Military Intelligence Council) shall consist of the First Foreign Minister who oversees the whole of M.I. operations, Sectetary-General Cliff as Director-General of H.A.S and Grand Nomad Lloyd as Director-General of F.E.S.
It sets out leaders of the MI based upon the authors choosing. I propose that the Chief of Staffs (currently Field Marshal Lee of Luschia) be charged with selecting the Director Generals but allow the Foreign Minister to collect and supervise reports.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Left_bar_bleue0/1000Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty Re: Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act)

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:25 pm

Surely the MI heads should be chosen by the foreign secretary; this could be added to his powers? Anyway, our two names would only be for the remainder of this WA term, then we are replaced. I propose that there should be no limit to the number of terms that they can be appointed for. Why would the cheifs of staff choose, anyway? They are for the military, not MI.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Location : It varies. Unlike you lot I don't sit in one place my whole life.

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:32 pm

Do you have any idea what M.I. stands for? Military Inteligence, that's why the Chief of Staffs would appoint the positions.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:05 am

Yes, but military intelligence is not controlled by the military. By anyone. Ever. It is always controlled by the state.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:55 am

Uh er! Try again please. Why do you think we have Naval intleigence as well as MI 6
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty Clearing this Up

Post by Grand Duke Henry Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:05 am

Having been absent at a dinner party, I have returned to find this puerile squabbling. I shall now settle it: the Chairman of the Committee of the Joint Military Staffs will appoint heads of the MI services, and shall submit service reports (weekly) to the Foreign Minister as per King Wake's initial post. However, close control over the MIs will be exercised by the Cabinet, and Director-Generals will be approved by each new Delegate (but not elected).
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 am

This seems perfectly acceptable and re same almost as our first post. However when you mentioned the cabinet what exactly did you mean?
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:05 pm

Naval intelligence is not the same as MI.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:19 pm

It doesn't matter
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty M.I. Changes Summarised

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:09 pm

The base of the changes to our Act is that both M.I.s would carry out operations autonomously and separate from constant Governmental monitoring. However, the Cabinet (and predominantly the Foreign Minister) would routinely check its activities and would decide on all major operations carried out by both/either of the M.I.s should they concern such matters as the hostility between Duetaria and the Empire of Greek Pirates.

I have added this clause to the Act, and if it satisfies the 'Reform of Act voters', then they should vote 'Yes'.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:17 pm

If the heads of the two M.I.s are chosen by the chief of staff then yes.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty Update of the Act

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:22 pm

The below Act has been proposed by Grand Nomad Lloyd. He suggests that we form a Duetarian Military Intelligence Service. This will consist of an M.I. Unit for Homeland Security and Anti-terror Investigations and another M.I. Unit for Foreign Investigations and Espionage. Ideas on how these will be run, and what each M.I. unit is codenamed/exactly does will be warmly welcomed.

The Duetarian Military Intelligence Act

a) Two M.I. services will be formed, one service with portfolio for homeland security and anti-terror investigations, and the other service with portfolio for foreign investigations and espionage (as above stated).

b) The M.I. unit reponsible for Homeland Security and Anti-terror Investigations shall be called 'H.A.S' (Homeland Security and Anti-terror Service) and shall be responsible for investigating all new nations that join the region and the defense of the current Delegete, and to make sure that there are no revolts against him, doubling as a secert police service.

c) The M.I unit responsible for Foreign Investigations and Espionage shall be called 'F.E.S' (Foreign Investigations and Espionage Service), and shall be responsible for sending a number of specially created 'agent' nations to spy on other regions and see what they are planning, this can be used defensively - to see if the region is planning an invasion, or offensively, to see if a region is expecting an invasion, or as a pre-emptive counterattack. It will also be used to send information to the Committee of the Joint Military Staffs about where to or not to invade regions.

d) A Subcommittee called the 'M.I.C' (Military Intelligence Council) shall consist of the First Foreign Minister who oversees the whole of M.I. operations, the Joint Staffs Chairman, the Director-General of H.A.S and the Director-General of F.E.S.

e) The Director-Generalships of both H.A.S and F.E.S will be decided upon by the Chairman of the Committee of the Joint Military Staffs (at present Field Marshal Lee), in consultation with the Cabinet. These Director-Generalships will be reviewed and re-approved or changed by the M.I.C monthly.

f) The two M.I.s will carry out operations autonomously and separate from constant Governmental monitoring. However, the Cabinet (and predominantly the Defence and Security Minister) will routinely check its activities and will decide on all major operations carried out by both/either of the M.I.s (should they concern such matters as the hostility between Duetaria and the Empire of Greek Pirates), after consultation with the necessary Subcommittee of the Cabinet.

Last edited by Grand Duke Henry on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:11 pm

I approve of this, however is the Joint Cheif of Staff required to conform to the cabinets wishes as to the MI members or is this merely advice? The answer will not change me from voting yes, but I want to know.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty Joint Staffs given Autonomy

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:03 pm

Partially yes, but 60% no. Basically, the Cabinet has to trust the appointed and approved Chairman of the Joint Staffs Committee to make decisions concerning his branch of policy - military policy. However, the Defence Minister will obviously be the one to ratify M.I. appointments so that the Government is not sidelined by a military junta. My idea is thus to give the Joint Staffs authority where his expertise is, but to moderate this with a healthy dose of governmental monitoring.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:56 pm

Can we declare this act passed? It has the majority!
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:06 pm

No we need at least a two vote majority
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Military Intelligence Act (M.I. Act) Empty Act

Post by Grand Duke Henry Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:51 pm

What is the issue with my amendments? Whoever continues to think the act worthy of "more debate", speak now! The M.Is must be used to further a victory in the ongoing Graeco-Duetarian Crisis.
Grand Duke Henry
Grand Duke Henry
Duke

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Consul Clarkeos Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:17 am

Having read the changes to this act, i have switched my vote and so it now has a majority.
Consul Clarkeos
Consul Clarkeos
Aide

Location : Arguing Loudly in the Senate House. WARNING DEMOCRACY AT WORK

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Secretary-General Cliff Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:36 pm

pass it soon so we can go to war.
Secretary-General Cliff
Secretary-General Cliff
President

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:15 pm

Passing this does not mean we can go to war but it is passable now so.....

King Wake enters the grand Council Hall, he bangs his ceremonial scepter on the ground and calls out "I hereby pass this act!"
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down