Grand Council of Duetaria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play comes to Duetaria!

3 posters

Go down

Role Play comes to Duetaria! Empty Role Play comes to Duetaria!

Post by Prime Minister Walex Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Now in an attempt to bring back the forum without using Nation States I have been experimenting with the use of dice and nation information sheets. Now that may sound like Gobbledygook and it is highly probable I am the only person who is ever going to read this if I fail to bring people back to Duetaria, however I'm doing it anyway!

So this is how it will work:
1) Each nation has an information sheet which is controlled by the admin. This sheet gives information about everything from unemployment and military strength to food production and number of schools. Currently only King Wake I, Grand Nomad Lloyd, Grand Duke Henry and President Shortman have a sheet and they only contain Military strength detailing they have no military strength.
2) Every day or perhaps when certain circumstances arise (such as an invasion) there will be a number of dice rolls connected with the nation attribute (e.g. Military Strength die). Depending upon the number rolled the game master (i.e. currently the admin) shall change nation statistics. Rules on this will be explained if the idea takes off.
3) If this works we can then have economic crashes, food shortages, whatever. If it has a statistic connected to it you can do it.

So what do you think, oh and I really hope people are reading this. It would be great to do this again.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
Role Play comes to Duetaria! Left_bar_bleue0/1000Role Play comes to Duetaria! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

https://duetaria.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Role Play comes to Duetaria! Empty Re: Role Play comes to Duetaria!

Post by President Shortman Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:47 pm

I don't understand this stuff about die rolls. Could you please explain better.
President Shortman
President Shortman
Local councilor

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:
Role Play comes to Duetaria! Left_bar_bleue0/1000Role Play comes to Duetaria! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Essentially when you post something you get the opportunity to roll some dice except when posting a new topic or editing. When you roll an automatic post is made by the current game master (currently under my profile but I can change this) stating the dice roll results. They are completely random. Depending on the dice it has different numbers of sides and the differing numbers will mean different things about what is happening to your nation.
When people start to come back I'll lay out the exact rules of the dice but I hope that explains enough for now or do you need more?

See below for an example dice roll.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:25 pm

The member 'King Wake I' has done the following action : Nation Dice Rolls

'Military Strength' : 4
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by President Willman Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:55 pm

Patrick, why the hell are you talking to your brother on the forum when you live in the same bloody house as him?
President Willman
President Willman
Aide

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prime Minister Walex Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 pm

I was away

Anyway that 4 would correspond to something which had been set down in rules.
e.g. a 4 might mean an increase in say 20 units of 100 men to the military strength (which is measure in units of a 100 men the max being 1000 units of 100 men). While say a 1 might mean a mass desertion.

If this is welcome I'll add some things to do with GDP, population and production etc.
Prime Minister Walex
Prime Minister Walex
Admin

Nation Statistic sheet
Military Strength:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down